TOP NEWS

Hi this is my blog for Mr.Menard's assignments and also as my private blog of my life. Here you will find essays(of course), photos of my life and my drawings. Sponsored by STARK Industry

2013년 6월 24일 월요일

Art class final project! ; Album art

  Art is one of my most favorite subject and in KMLA, we learn how to use photoshop in Art class. For a semester we learned many different skills to decorate and change the original image we have, and the final project given to us was to make a album cover of our own favorite song. The song I chose was 'Don't hate me' by Epic High and I decided to use a picture of my own two hands, painted white and bluish black.


  I painted them with white water-color paint, and nails with red paint. Then I gave light and shade after the lines on my palm with blue and black pastel, and drew the face of Joker on my palm. I also gave a shade on my nails with black pastel.

  After the painting was done, I took a picture of my hand(which is the one you are seeing upward), and used Adobe Photoshop CS5 to erase the background and fill it with red, and black color. Since the song's overall atmosphere is very exciting, I wanted to make my cover look not only creepy, but also colorful, so I filled only the surrounding part of my hands with bright green and pink.

  If I don't write the title of the song in the cover of album, no one will realize what song I chose, so I had to put the letters in the picture, and I found out that the number of alphabets used in the song's title was exactly 10, which is the number of my nails! So I inserted each alphabets on my nail like this

D O N T        H A T E
     M                    E

  I also wanted to write down the name of artist, Epic High, but couldn't find any appropriate font for it, so I just wrote it down on a spare paper, took a picture of it, and changed it as a brush in photoshop

ㄴThis is what I wrote on the edge of my textbook, and changed as a jpg file
  After putting my own signature on the top of the picture, I decorated the borders with white, rugged brush and mediated the overall darkness and chroma. My signature was inserted by the same process as the artist's name; draw it with my own hand, take a picture of it, and changing it to a jpg file. Picture on the side is the signature I used in my image.


This is my finished album cover! 

0 개의 댓글: