TOP NEWS

Hi this is my blog for Mr.Menard's assignments and also as my private blog of my life. Here you will find essays(of course), photos of my life and my drawings. Sponsored by STARK Industry

2013년 6월 27일 목요일

My work of 'Op Art'

What do you feel from this picture?
This abstract piece of art is only consisted of straight lines, black and white color but it seems to be three-dimensional; the center of the picture seems to be located farther from the viewer
The genre of this picture is called the 'Op art', which is also known as 'Optical art'.
Op art gives visual illusion to the viewers like movement, finding hidden image, flashing and vibration, patterns or swelling or warping.
Not all pieces of op art is consisted of two colors(black and white). Colors of the painting may differ, and those colors can give bigger illusion to the viewer with the saturation and brightness of the color, like the picture attached here.
Creating an op art with two color is not difficult; you should only draw the lines as you want, and fill out the spaces with black to show the illusion you intended. As I was spending time surfing the Internet, I found this interesting genre of art, and thought that I would love to try one too. 

This is what I drew in my sketchbook only with black marker
I named this picture 'Time'. On the upper left side of the picture, there is a face of a child, and as the picture get focused to the black hole on the right side, faces of people getting older is attached. I wanted to express the child getting older as time flows by, so I inserted other pictures from the magazine like calender and different kinds of clock. 

0 개의 댓글: