TOP NEWS

Hi this is my blog for Mr.Menard's assignments and also as my private blog of my life. Here you will find essays(of course), photos of my life and my drawings. Sponsored by STARK Industry

2013년 6월 29일 토요일

My second album art

This is the result of my second album art making. It is actually very fun job and I definitely will try the third one if I have some time.



   If you read my previous posting about my art class's final project (creating my own album art), you will know that I've already finished my work. However for some reason, I decided to make another album art, not to hand in to teacher, but only for fun. This time I made a cover art of 'Loneliness amplification device(외로움 증폭장치)' by Busker Busker with my friend Seung Hye Kim.

   In the lyrics of the song keywords like 'saw-toothed wheel', 'hands of a clock', 'second-hand' and 'clockwork' appears a lot repeatedly, so the main element of the picture became a clock.


   First thing I did was taking a picture of Seung Hye's antic looking clock and open it with Adobe Photoshop CS5. Then I erased the number signs of the clock and left only the hands of the clock.

   One of the biggest keywords in the song was 'saw-toothed wheels' and I wanted to express it in the picture but didn't know how to. So I first drew it on a spare paper like the picture attached on left. I changed is as a form a brush and stamped it on the empty center part of the clock, and moderated the transparency of my drawing.




   Unlike last time, I wanted to show the title of the song bigger than the artist's name, so wrote '외로움 증폭장치' in Korean, again on a spare paper like this
I changed it as a brush too, and stamped it down the clock.

   Only thing left was to decorate the picture more, so I just added random colors down the edges, and mixed a bit of red in the picture of the saw tooth wheels. 
  This is how I finished my second album art.

0 개의 댓글: